Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Amigurumi!

Amigurumis are maybe my favorite thing to crochet. For a past christmas I had made one for each one on my family, they turned out to be really nice and they liked them a lot. Also some of my friends have asked me to make one for them... I've been surfing the web for different patterns all over the place.

 This are the ones I've made for my family:


My pictures are not as nice a they could be, I take them with my phone camera, looking for the best spot in regards of light in my house.

I was burning to share a new pattern, so I decided to share my polar bear, as the picture is not that bad...

POLAR BEAR


hook size: 4 yarn: white
BODY Working in spiral... Stuff as you go... Mark first stich of every round if you wish, moving the stitch marker every round to keep track of first stitch.
Rnd 1: sc 6 times in adjustable loop (6 sc) Rnd 2: [2 sc in ea sc ] arnd (12 sc) Rnd 3: [2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc] arnd (18 sc) Rnd 4: [2 sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc] arnd (24 sc) Rnd 5: [2 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc] arnd (30 sc) Rnd 6: [2 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc] arnd (36 sc) Rnd 7: [2 sc in next sc, sc in next 5 sc] arnd (42 sc) Rnd 8-22: [sc in ea sc] arnd (42 sc) Place eyes if using safety eyes Rnd 23: [2 sc tog, sc in next 5 sc] arnd (36 sc) Rnd 24: [2 sc tog, sc in next 4 sc] arnd (30 sc) Rnd 25: [2 sc tog, sc in next 3 sc] arnd (24 sc) Rnd 26: [2 sc tog, sc in next 2 sc] arnd (18 sc) Rnd 27: [2 sc tog, sc in next sc] arnd (12 sc) Rnd 28: [sc 2 tog] arnd (6 sc) F.O.
MUZZLE Working in spiral...
Rnd 1: sc 6 times in adjustable loop (6 sc) Rnd 2: [2 sc in ea sc ] arnd (12 sc) Rnd 3-4: sc in ea sc arnd (12 sc) F.O. Leaving long tail to sew to body
EARS (make 2)
Ch 2, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc,dc, hdc & sc in same ch, join to first sc F.O. Leaving tail for sewing
LEGS (make 4) Working in spiral... Rnd 1: sc 6 times in adjustable loop (6 sc) Rnd 2: [2 sc in ea sc ] arnd (12 sc) Rnd 3-5: sc in ea sc arnd (12 sc) F.O. Leaving long tail to sew to body
TAIL Working in spiral...
Rnd 1: sc 6 times in adjustable loop (6 sc) Rnd 2: [2 sc in ea sc ] arnd (12 sc) F.O. Leaving long tail, fold in half and sew to body
ASSEMBLY: Embroider nose, stuff muzzle and legs and sew to body, sew ears, sew eyes if using beads.
HAT
Rnd 1: Ch3, 6 dc in adjustable loop, join w/ sl st to 3rd ch (7 dc) Rnd 2: Ch3, [2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc] 3 times, dc in next dc, join w/ sl st to 3rd ch (11 dc) F.O. Leave long tail, stuff lightly and sew to body
Hope you enjoy it! Now I'll go back to Gir and Sack boy...

2 comments:

  1. Hey.
    This Polar Bear is VERY cute. Thank you for the pattern. I looove it.
    Kind Regards from Jane, Denmark. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, I'm glad you liked it ;-)

      Delete