Friday, July 29, 2011

Fly to the sky

I've finished the baby mobile for my friend who is pregnant, she says is a boy, so I wanted to make something cute for her little baby.

I saw this beautiful crib bumper:


So I was inspired to make her a mobile that matches it:


Here is the link to download my pattern: Little planes baby mobile
The pattern only includes the little plane pattern, I made 4 little planes and a cloud, the cloud is from this Rainbow mobile pattern. Link to pattern here

I had made it for my first baby:


(Update: explanation for the mobile top part on the post called Updates)

Talking about planes I finished the plane I was working on, the one that should look like the Grumman AA-5A, I think it looks very much like it:


This is a real Grumman AA 5-A:


The one I was making, inspired on a real plane has a different design, that is why the blue lines don't look the same

Bye for now... yarn and hook are calling me...

7 comments:

  1. so cute. my four year old son would LOVE this. thanks for sharing the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vero, this post brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy you find in Jose everything you need. I am so glad you are happy with him!!!! And yeah... the planes are really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will *have* to make the airplane. We have a Cheetah ourselves (AA5A). I know of quite a few ladies in our flying club (AYA) that would love one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn, I just noticed the pattern does not include the Cheetah. If you ever come up with a pattern, I would love it! I am not as patient as you for coming up with a design. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tried to download this pattern but it would not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you be willing to share the pattern for the Grumman? If so, please tell me how to get it?

    God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joyce, Thanks for your interest in the pattern, unfortunately I don't think I have the pattern written down, or the plane for that matter, other wise I would be glad to share it... Any way I will look for it and if I find it I will post it in the future, but I dont want to give you false hope...
      Blessings from above to you too!

      Delete