Friday, August 12, 2011

Congratulations it's a b... baby girl!

Hi there! Do you remember I've made this cute planes mobile for my friend who was pregnant? well, she isn't  pregnant anymore... Baby was born! and came with a big surprise: It's a girl!
She had all prepared to welcome a baby boy, clothes and all were mainly boy's things, so she needed something to neutralize the ambiance something really girly...



 ta daa!

I came up with ideas soon and crocheted this Garden baby mobile. I wrote the pattern to share, so all you need to do, if you want it, is to click on it! I really like this mobile because I focused on how the baby will be looking at it so the baby will be looking directly to the flowers. This pictures show a bee, however the bee is not part of the pattern. I made the body of the bee following instrucctions from this book:
but I made the wings myself, this way:

In case you don't have the book, I found a pattern online that could work, this is the link. On mine I made the legs with black felt the same way I made the bug's legs.

(Update: explanation for the mobile top part on the post called Updates)

If you want to see more of mine or my sister's creations you can check our page in facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CattleCrafts I'm sure you'll find something you like!

Talking about previous projects, towelie is done, as a matter of fact I had made 2 already, will be posting about it soon.

bye now... 

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I love how it looks from the baby's perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is used to make the mobile portion? ive been looking for a way to match the crib set i made but all the how to make your own mobiles instructions i find basicly tell you to use sticks and tie them together then hang what you want but that's not my style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola:Me he dado una vuelta por tu blog y me parece que tienes cosas muy bonitas. De ahora en adelante seguiré tus trabajos. Te invito a visitar mi blog.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete